Sunday, March 8, 2015

Video of the Week: Matt "My-God"-saac

Hey people, get ready to have your socks rocked!

So each week, I'm going to post a youtube video that is piping/drumming related. The videos won't all be the same content. I'm going to try to vary the topics/instruments played. This week I'm bringing you an excellent video of an outstanding Canadian (or is it Canadien??) piper. His name is Matt MacIsaac, or Matt My-God-saac...you'll see what I mean when you hear his playing.

This video is of some competition he played in a few years ago. It's a March, Strathspey, Reel, Hornpipe, Jig set.

His tunes are as follows: (help me fill in the blank for ones I don't know)
-March: ??
-Strathspey: Arniston Castle
-Reel: Sandy Cameron
-Hornpipes: Donald MacLeod/Smelling Fresh by James Duncan MacKenzie (or JDM as I call him)
-Jig: ??

Hope you like it! Please comment with the March and Jig names if you know them.


No comments:

Post a Comment